Learn about actual and potential costs
How much should I pay for Armoured Transport Services in Canada?
What is the average price of Armoured Transport Services in Canada?
This procurement report includes pricing information to help you purchase Armoured Transport Services in Canada. Our analysts provide a benchmark price and a price range based on key pricing factors to help you understand what you should be paying for this specific product or service. To see the average price for this and hundreds of other products and services, subscribe to ProcurementIQ.
Has the price of Armoured Transport Services in Canada been rising or falling?
Analysts look at market data from the previous three years to determine an overall price trend. You can use the recent price trends to help you understand price volatility and plan your budget.
I’m not ready to purchase Armoured Transport Services in Canada yet. Will I pay more if I wait too long?
We forecast the next three years of price movements by looking at factors likely to affect the market's supply chain, such as inputs, demand and competition. You can then use the price forecast to figure out the best time to purchase.
What other costs are associated with purchasing Armoured Transport Services in Canada?
Our analysts calculate the total cost of ownership and assign a level of low, moderate or high, depending on things like customization, integration and installation. Use this information to budget for Armoured Transport Services in Canada with a reduced risk of unexpected costs.
See how we display average pricing information, trends and market data.
Questions to ask potential suppliers
How can I gain leverage during negotiations?
- Are you bonded? What type of bonding do you possess?
- Do you offer any additional insurance (e.g. Comprehensive Dishonesty, Disappearance and Destruction Insurance)? How comprehensive is the insurance you offer? What is the additional charge for this insurance?
- Will there be a discount for continued patronage if my shipment is lost or stolen?
- Do you poses Commercial General Liability insurance? If so, what is the value of your policy and what is covered?
- What other types of compensation do you offer in case my cargo is lost or stolen?
- What measures do you take to ensure timely delivery?
- Can I alter final destination locations while the truck is in transit?
- Are shipments tracked in real time?
- Are you in compliance with the Commercial Transport Act and are licensed for delivery?
- How soon will I be made aware if any obstacles that prevent my cargo from being delivered on time?
Relationship with Buyer
- How long have you had your longest serving client?
- Do you work with any subcontractors? If so, how long has this partnership been in existence?
- How do you avoid conflict of interest among staff members?
- What are the strongest incentives buyers have for securing long-term, repeated business with your firm?
- What is the biggest reason for clients deciding not to seek repeat business with your company?
- What do you see as being the most significant benefits from developing long-term relationships with clients?
Sourcing across North America?
Combine Canada Spotlight Reports with our US Market Intelligence to bolster your North American strategy
Key elements for every RFP
What should my RFP include?
- Buyers should specify their budget for each trip.
- Buyers should specify whether they would prefer one bill or an itemized bill detailing cost per establishment receiving the service.
- Buyers should specify the vendor’s minimum required level of insurance coverage in case of loss or damage to any property.
- Buyers should specify the payment schedule and method.
- Buyers should have clear vendor rating criteria weighing costs, qualifications and reliability.
- Buyers should select a vendor that has strong client references ensuring reliable and on-time transport.
- Buyers should select a vendor that meets the minimum qualification requirements presented in the RFP.
- Buyers should select a vendor with a complete and punctual bid submission.
- Buyers should include all relevant dates for the RFP process.
- Buyers should specify when the final bid award will be announced.
- Buyers should specify the protocol if a delivery day falls on a federal holiday.
- Buyers should specify the length of the contract they wish to enter, including clear beginning and end dates. As such, buyers should also outline terms for early contract termination.
- Buyers should have contingency plans in place for issues encountered while armed transport services are performed.