Learn about actual and potential costs
How much should I pay for Truck Trailers in Canada?
What is the average price of Truck Trailers in Canada?
This procurement report includes pricing information to help you purchase Truck Trailers in Canada. Our analysts provide a benchmark price and a price range based on key pricing factors to help you understand what you should be paying for this specific product or service. To see the average price for this and hundreds of other products and services, subscribe to ProcurementIQ.
Has the price of Truck Trailers in Canada been rising or falling?
Analysts look at market data from the previous three years to determine an overall price trend. You can use the recent price trends to help you understand price volatility and plan your budget.
I’m not ready to purchase Truck Trailers in Canada yet. Will I pay more if I wait too long?
We forecast the next three years of price movements by looking at factors likely to affect the market's supply chain, such as inputs, demand and competition. You can then use the price forecast to figure out the best time to purchase.
What other costs are associated with purchasing Truck Trailers in Canada?
Our analysts calculate the total cost of ownership and assign a level of low, moderate or high, depending on things like customization, integration and installation. Use this information to budget for Truck Trailers in Canada with a reduced risk of unexpected costs.
See how we display average pricing information, trends and market data.
Questions to ask potential suppliers
How can I gain leverage during negotiations?
- How many years have you been serving clients in my industry?
- Are you affiliated with any associations related to truck trailers, such as the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association or the Canadian Transportation Equipment Association?
- Who is your most tenured client? How long have you been providing services to them?
- How do you determine which brands you carry in your fleet? What factors go into your decision-making process?
- Have you made any adjustments to your sales strategy in the last few years? How?
- How long has your current management team been in place?
- Who handles customer service in your company?
- How large and diverse is your inventory? Do you have replacement parts readily available?
- What is the extent of your maintenance service, if available?
- What is your policy regarding defective trailers or damage received while transporting a trailer to buyers?
- How do your rates compare to your competitors? Why are your rates different?
- Do your salespeople work on commission?
- Are there bundling discounts available for additional services or products?
- How has your pricing structure changed in the past three years?
Sourcing across North America?
Combine Canada Spotlight Reports with our US Market Intelligence to bolster your North American strategy
Key elements for every RFP
What should my RFP include?
- Buyers should specify the total budget for the trailer.
- Vendors should include a cost schedule for their trailers, as well as any other costs for which buyers are responsible (e.g. shipping).
- Buyers should evaluate the extent to which the trailer meets their specifications.
- Buyers should evaluate vendors based on their rates.
- Buyers should evaluate the age and type of the suppliers’ fleet to ensure high life expectancy.
- Buyers should include the date when proposals are due and any other relevant dates (e.g. interviews, inspections.) prior to the contract award.
- Buyers should include the date by which they must receive the trailer.