Learn about actual and potential costs
How much should I pay for Diesel Fuel in Canada?
What is the average price of Diesel Fuel in Canada?
This procurement report includes pricing information to help you purchase Diesel Fuel in Canada. Our analysts provide a benchmark price and a price range based on key pricing factors to help you understand what you should be paying for this specific product or service. To see the average price for this and hundreds of other products and services, subscribe to ProcurementIQ.
Has the price of Diesel Fuel in Canada been rising or falling?
Analysts look at market data from the previous three years to determine an overall price trend. You can use the recent price trends to help you understand price volatility and plan your budget.
I’m not ready to purchase Diesel Fuel in Canada yet. Will I pay more if I wait too long?
We forecast the next three years of price movements by looking at factors likely to affect the market's supply chain, such as inputs, demand and competition. You can then use the price forecast to figure out the best time to purchase.
What other costs are associated with purchasing Diesel Fuel in Canada?
Our analysts calculate the total cost of ownership and assign a level of low, moderate or high, depending on things like customization, integration and installation. Use this information to budget for Diesel Fuel in Canada with a reduced risk of unexpected costs.
See how we display average pricing information, trends and market data.
Questions to ask potential suppliers
How can I gain leverage during negotiations?
- What quality standards do you implement to ensure the consistent production of high-quality diesel fuel?
- How much experience do you have producing and supplying diesel fuel for my specifications and volume?
- Have you received complaints that your diesel fuel did not perform up to expectations? How were these complaints handled?
- Can you provide the MSDS and list of additives? How does this list compare to the national standard?
- What share of your diesel fuel production is diverted to export markets?
- What share of your diesel fuel production is destined for the domestic market?
- How have demand trends in the United States affected your operations?
- What measures do you have in place to mitigate your financial risk as a result of changes in demand?
- What measures do you have in place to ensure my business’ supply of diesel fuel if demand in export markets should spike?
- What are your projections for the growth in demand from export markets? Is your facility equipped to handle it?
- Have you expanded or do you have plans to expand your export terminal? What impact do you expect this expansion project to have on your profit margin?
- How are customer service inquiries handled?
- What is your response time in the event of a product issue?
- Do you employ quality control managers?
- Do you have any records of a time when you responded promptly to a client's product defect issue?
Sourcing across North America?
Combine Canada Spotlight Reports with our US Market Intelligence to bolster your North American strategy
Key elements for every RFP
What should my RFP include?
- Buyers should state their maximum budget for the contract.
- Buyers should request a detailed breakdown of how price differentials are determined for fuel delivered to different locations based on the provincial taxes and delivery distance.
- Buyers should indicate how price increases must be communicated.
- Buyers should state their preferred payment method.
- Buyers should prioritize suppliers that offer the most competitive prices.
- Buyers should consider suppliers with strong track records of on-time deliveries.
- Buyers should give preference to suppliers with a history of successful risk mitigation and regulatory compliance with National Resources Canada federal standards.
- Buyers should indicate the date by which proposals are due.
- Buyers should specify the timeline for evaluating potential vendors.
- Buyers must indicate the date award information will be available.