Learn about actual and potential costs
How much should I pay for IT Consulting Services in Canada?
What is the average price of IT Consulting Services in Canada?
This procurement report includes pricing information to help you purchase IT Consulting Services in Canada. Our analysts provide a benchmark price and a price range based on key pricing factors to help you understand what you should be paying for this specific product or service. To see the average price for this and hundreds of other products and services, subscribe to ProcurementIQ.
Has the price of IT Consulting Services in Canada been rising or falling?
Analysts look at market data from the previous three years to determine an overall price trend. You can use the recent price trends to help you understand price volatility and plan your budget.
I’m not ready to purchase IT Consulting Services in Canada yet. Will I pay more if I wait too long?
We forecast the next three years of price movements by looking at factors likely to affect the market's supply chain, such as inputs, demand and competition. You can then use the price forecast to figure out the best time to purchase.
What other costs are associated with purchasing IT Consulting Services in Canada?
Our analysts calculate the total cost of ownership and assign a level of low, moderate or high, depending on things like customization, integration and installation. Use this information to budget for IT Consulting Services in Canada with a reduced risk of unexpected costs.
See how we display average pricing information, trends and market data.
Questions to ask potential suppliers
How can I gain leverage during negotiations?
- What other services do you provide in-house that can make my IT systems more efficient?
- What value-added services do you provide? How will including value-added services impact pricing?
- Do you offer discounts for bundled services? If so, what are the terms?
- How do you maintain your operational efficiency when offering more than just your core services?
- How do you attract new clients and retain existing clients?
- How does your firm maintain a competitive edge with other IT consulting firms of a similar size?
- What is your client turnover rate? How long do your contracts last, on average?
- What is your reputation like among customers and peers, and how have you developed it?
- By what methods do you stay informed about ongoing regulatory changes in regard to IT consulting?
- How have you adjusted to new regulations in the market? How have additional compliance costs been handled?
- Will you take care of all necessary licensing and permits, as well as approvals and certifications from applicable associations?
- What certifications does your staff have and are there ongoing training sessions or continuing education requirements?
Sourcing across North America?
Combine Canada Spotlight Reports with our US Market Intelligence to bolster your North American strategy
Key elements for every RFP
What should my IT Consulting Services in Canada RFP include?
- Buyers should specify their budget for IT consulting services.
- Buyers should detail their preferences as to how to proceed if the budget is exhausted before services are completed.
- Buyers should list payment schedules.
- Buyers should request detailed cost breakdowns for the services requested.
- Buyers can reference the Benchmark Price and Total Cost of Ownership sections of this report for assistance in creating a budget.
- Buyers should evaluate vendors based on their methodology and the quality of their work plan.
- Buyers should select vendors with extensive experience with projects that are similar in scope to the buyer's.
- Buyers should evaluate vendor qualifications, including individual consultants' qualifications.
- Buyers should consider references from previous clients to evaluate vendor reputation.
- Buyers should also evaluate vendors based on cost.
- For other selection criteria requirements, buyers should reference the Buying-Decision Scorecard section of this report.
- Buyers should outline when proposals must be submitted by.
- Buyers should communicate to prospective suppliers when bid awards will be posted.
- Buyers should state when the consulting services should begin.
- Buyers should outline the length and terms of the contract and cancelation policy.