Learn about actual and potential costs
How much should I pay for Paperboard & Packaging Papers in Canada?
What is the average price of Paperboard & Packaging Papers in Canada?
This procurement report includes pricing information to help you purchase Paperboard & Packaging Papers in Canada. Our analysts provide a benchmark price and a price range based on key pricing factors to help you understand what you should be paying for this specific product or service. To see the average price for this and hundreds of other products and services, subscribe to ProcurementIQ.
Has the price of Paperboard & Packaging Papers in Canada been rising or falling?
Analysts look at market data from the previous three years to determine an overall price trend. You can use the recent price trends to help you understand price volatility and plan your budget.
I’m not ready to purchase Paperboard & Packaging Papers in Canada yet. Will I pay more if I wait too long?
We forecast the next three years of price movements by looking at factors likely to affect the market's supply chain, such as inputs, demand and competition. You can then use the price forecast to figure out the best time to purchase.
What other costs are associated with purchasing Paperboard & Packaging Papers in Canada?
Our analysts calculate the total cost of ownership and assign a level of low, moderate or high, depending on things like customization, integration and installation. Use this information to budget for Paperboard & Packaging Papers in Canada with a reduced risk of unexpected costs.
See how we display average pricing information, trends and market data.
Questions to ask potential suppliers
How can I gain leverage during negotiations?
- As a large supplier, do you have minimum purchase requirements when working with small and midsize clients?
- How has significant market competition affected demand and pricing for your paperboard and packaging papers?
- How does your company differentiate itself in the market? How does this benefit you financially?
- How do your products compete with other forms of packaging? What are your product advantages?
- How is the increasing adoption of plastic as a primary packaging substrate affecting paperboard margins?
- What are you doing to remain competitive as buyers move toward plastics and other packaging substrates?
- How diversified is your product portfolio?
- How are prices of paperboard affected by the prevalence of substitutes?
Product Content & Quality
- What grades of paperboard do you produce?
- Which paperboard grades offer the highest durability and tensile strength?
- Which paperboard grades offer surfaces that are good for on-package printing?
- What specific paperboard grades do you offer with recycled content?
- What is the post-consumer content percentage for these grades?
Sourcing across North America?
Combine Canada Spotlight Reports with our US Market Intelligence to bolster your North American strategy
Key elements for every RFP
What should my Paperboard & Packaging Papers in Canada RFP include?
- Buyers should state the range of their budget for paperboard products and related goods.
- Buyers should explain the length of the contract they are looking to make.
- Buyers should clarify the exclusivity of the contract and usage of third-party suppliers.
- Buyers should evaluate potential suppliers based on the quality of the materials used for the production of paperboard products, including grade durability.
- Buyers should assess the ink transferability of each product, particularly if buyers intend to add print to products once procured.
- Buyers should ensure that vendors will be able to make deliveries in a timely and consistent manner without any damage to the products.
- For a detailed list of key selection criteria, buyers should reference the Buying-Decision Scorecard section of this report.
- Buyers need to provide the date that RFP proposals are due, dates for interviews and the date the award will be announced.
- Buyers should indicate when and how often deliveries will need to be made during the contract period.