Learn about actual and potential costs
How much should I pay for Security Monitoring Services in Canada?
What is the average price of Security Monitoring Services in Canada?
This procurement report includes pricing information to help you purchase Security Monitoring Services in Canada. Our analysts provide a benchmark price and a price range based on key pricing factors to help you understand what you should be paying for this specific product or service. To see the average price for this and hundreds of other products and services, subscribe to ProcurementIQ.
Has the price of Security Monitoring Services in Canada been rising or falling?
Analysts look at market data from the previous three years to determine an overall price trend. You can use the recent price trends to help you understand price volatility and plan your budget.
I’m not ready to purchase Security Monitoring Services in Canada yet. Will I pay more if I wait too long?
We forecast the next three years of price movements by looking at factors likely to affect the market's supply chain, such as inputs, demand and competition. You can then use the price forecast to figure out the best time to purchase.
What other costs are associated with purchasing Security Monitoring Services in Canada?
Our analysts calculate the total cost of ownership and assign a level of low, moderate or high, depending on things like customization, integration and installation. Use this information to budget for Security Monitoring Services in Canada with a reduced risk of unexpected costs.
See how we display average pricing information, trends and market data.
Questions to ask potential suppliers
How can I gain leverage during negotiations?
- What is the onboarding process like before services can start?
- How do you inspect a buyer's current security system?
- Can you use my existing hardware or does proprietary hardware need to be installed?
- How do you determine what security equipment needs to be installed before services begin?
- What kind of purchased equipment do you install? Could it be used with other service providers if I change vendors?
- If equipment can be leased, what are the terms? How does that factor into my costs?
- What controls are in place to mitigate communication failures?
- How would you manage a power outage?
- What are the key factors that may limit your ability to ensure monitoring continues 24/7?
- How frequently have services been interrupted during the past few years?
- How do your services differ from your competitors'?
- How do you obtain new clients and retain their business?
- What effect has increased competition in the market had on your business?
- Do you foresee any major overhauls to your business model during the next few years?
Sourcing across North America?
Combine Canada Spotlight Reports with our US Market Intelligence to bolster your North American strategy
Key elements for every RFP
What should my Security Monitoring Services in Canada RFP include?
- Buyers should request the hourly rate for each different type of monitoring service they require.
- Buyers should include a total budget for all services as well as any additional equipment training and maintenance that will be provided.
- Buyers should specify a clear beginning and ending date for all services that will be rendered, including maintenance for any ancillary equipment.
- For help creating a budget, buyers can use the Benchmark Price section of this report.
- Buyers should have a clear system to score submitted proposals.
- Buyers should select a vendor with a track record of reliable service based on references from past clients.
- Buyers should select a vendor that is able to reduce potentially high total ownership costs.
- Buyers should list important dates in the bid solicitation process, including any required on-site walkthroughs and all mandatory submission deadlines.
- Buyers should list dates signalling the beginning and end of service.
- Buyers should list terms for early cancellation of the contract.
- Buyers should include a desired warranty date for all additional equipment purchased.
- Buyers should specify the date when the bid award will be announced.